Northeast Family Source Center
Barrio Action Youth & Family Center manages the Northeast FamilySource Center (FSC). The FSC is funded by the City of Los Angeles Community Investment for Families Department (CIFD) through Federal, State, and local funds, and serves as the City’s delivery system for anti-poverty initiatives and essential social services. The FSC is a one-stop center that provides a continuum of core services designed to financially empower poor, very-low, and low-income families to become more self-sufficient by increasing family income through the provision of financial security programs, homelessness prevention, and also to preparation of low-income youth to graduate from high school and qualify for post-secondary education.
SUB-CONTRACTOR BID SOLICITATION:
Barrio Action Youth & Family Center is seeking bids to subcontract with qualified organizations that are skilled and experienced in providing VITA FreeTax Preparation for the Northeast FamilySource Center.
SOURCES OF FUNDS AND FUNDING REQUEST:
The primary funding sources for this bid are a combination of Community Development Block Grant, Community Services Block Grant, and City General Funds.
ANTICIPATED TERMS OF CONTRACT:
The anticipated term of the FamilySource contract is September 1, 2023, through June 30, 2024, with an option to extend for an additional two years.
SCOPE OF WORK:
Scope of work: Subcontractor will provide Tax Preparation services and free of charge to 300 registered FSC clients in the Northeast FSC.
Sub-contractor shall serve as a certified Internal Revenue Service Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) site and assist low-income tax filers with filing their taxes and accessing tax credits such as the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), the California EITC (CalEITC), and Young Child Tax Credit, as well as connecting customers to the FSC’s Financial Empowerment and Asset Building programs, to increase household financial security.
Each proposer will be required to meet the minimum quantitative Performance Measures:
Minimum 300 of Unduplicated Clients to be Served
Subcontractor will provide 300 tax preparation
applications during the VITA Tax Season
Barrio Action Youth & Family Center will review the progress of the above annual objectives in month 9 (May 2024) of the contract period.
ELIGIBLE BIDDERS (Threshold Requirements):
Eligible bidders are invited to submit proposals indicating their interest in this project. Bids will be accepted only from community-based, non-profit organizations that meet the following criteria. Bidders must meet the following criteria to be eligible:
- Be qualified to conduct business in the State of California as evidenced by the organization’s business registration the California Secretary of State;
- Be in good standing with the Secretary of State, if a corporation or limited liability company;
- Have not been determined to be non-responsible or been disbarred by the City pursuant to the Contractor Responsibility Ordinance.
- Have not been disbarred by the federal government, State of California, or local government.
- Have a minimum of five (5) years continuous experience in providing services comparable to those solicited herein.
- Not have any outstanding debt which has not been repaid or for which a department agreement plan has not been implemented, if the proposer has previously contracted with the State of California or the City of Los Angeles. If it has contracted with the CIFD, it must not have any outstanding disallowed costs or other liability to the City, or be on corrective action for the current fiscal year.
- Not have conflict of interest with any parties involved in this contract, either through the awarding of this contract or through the provision and receipt of services.
- Disclosure of any political contributions to City Officials.
Bidders shall include three brief program narratives that describe their demonstrated ability and program design, as well as budget forms that detail costs associated with the project. Narratives are not to exceed two pages. Budget forms do not count toward the two-page limit. All bids are to include a budget of up to $50,000.
NARRATIVE 1- DEMONSTRATED ABILITY (10 POINTS)
- Describe your organization background and experience in providing Tax Preparation services and Financial Literacy Workshops to low- and moderate-income individuals/families as outlined in the scope of work, within the last 5 years.
NARRATIVE 2- PROGRAM DESIGN (10 POINTS)
- Describe your proposed program design to meet the performance measures outlined in the scope of work.
NARRATIVE 3 – COST REASONABLENESS, LEVERAGED RESOURCES, AND FINANCIAL VIABILITY (10 POINTS)
- Provide a brief narrative summarizing your financial stability based on your agency’s past 24-month financial statements. This may include but not be limited to balance sheets or statements of financial position, statement of income, and statement of cash flow.
- Using the following Budget Forms: Budget Summary, Schedule of Personnel Costs, Budget Detail, & Budget Narrative, describe in detail your proposed costs in providing your proposed scope of work for a 10-month funding period of 09/01/2023 – 06/30/2024
- Under this grant, all subcontractors’ staff funded in whole or in part of these grant funds, shall be paid a salary that is consistent with the City’s Living Wage Ordinance of $22 per hour with health benefits.
- Living wage exemptions will not be granted for the FSC program because, as the City’s anti-poverty program, it does not align with the FamilySource System’s vision of lifting families out of poverty
- Also include any non-federal Matching / Leveraged Resources / Funds.
Bids will be evaluated and rated from 1- 30 points based on the bid package submitted.
Bid Release: 08/10/2023
Bid Submission Deadline: 08/25/2023
Responses will be evaluated and a notice to proceed will be effected no later than: 08/31/2023
Please submit a written proposal by firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of: Tammy Membreno
All bids must be received by Friday, August 25, 2023, by 6:00pm. Bids must be signed and dated to be considered.
If selected, you will be required to provide a copy of your City of Los Angeles business license, proof of insurance, proof of registration with https://www.sam.gov/SAM/ (must not be debarred, suspended, or otherwise excluded from participation in Federal assistance programs), and a copy of your Workers Compensation Insurance Coverage.
QUESTIONS OR TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE:
Contact: Tammy Membreno, Executive Director email@example.com